Applications for the academic school year 2018-2019 are available. Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year will be available beginning early October 2018.
- Spring 2019 application submission deadline: December 1, 2018
- Fall 2019 application submission deadline: July 26, 2019.
All New and Transfer students are required to submit an admission application.
The Admission process for Saint Joseph High School is guided by the school's mission statement: "Saint Joseph High School is a Catholic secondary school dedicated to transforming students in heart and mind, preparing them to serve God, the Church, and the world."
Saint Joseph High School, a four-year/eight-semester, college prep school is open to all qualified high school students, regardless of sex, race, religion, creed, color, or national origin.
Admission to the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades is based on the following:
- Review of transcripts from all previous high schools
- Review of 7th and 8th-grade transcripts (if available)
- Results of previous standardized testing
- Course recommendation from high school principal or counselor
- Satisfactory disciplinary and attendance history
- Interview with the Director of Admission as needed
Application for all grades is subject to available space and to the review and recommendation of the Saint Joseph High School Admission Committee. Every student must possess the educational background necessary to reach his/her fullest potential in order to be admitted.
Saint Joseph High School reserves the right to revoke acceptance at any time for academic and/or disciplinary reasons.
Saint Joseph High School considers accepting transfer students from other high schools. Students transferring to Saint Joseph High School must meet the same graduation requirements as all other students.
- Students wishing to transfer to Saint Joseph High School from other high schools will be considered based on their transcripts, the space available in the needed classes for the student, the disciplinary and attendance record of the student at the other school, and the reason(s) for transfer.
- Students wishing to transfer to Saint Joseph High School must take a placement exam.
- Students moving into the area are generally considered for all grade levels based on the above criteria.
- Students enrolled in local schools are generally not considered for transfer during their senior year. They can rarely meet Saint Joseph High School graduation requirements in one year.
- Students transferring from non-Christian schools will have the Theology requirement waived for the years of attendance at another school; however, the requirement of 48 credits is not changed.
- Students transferring from non-Catholic schools will begin their Theology requirements with Theology 3 and Theology 4.
- Credits for home study are not generally accepted at Saint Joseph High School unless approved in advance.
- Students interested in interscholastic athletics must adhere to all IHSAA eligibility rules and regulations.
- Students wishing to transfer to Saint Joseph High School are considered at the beginning of the semester and generally not during the semester.
- When necessary, the same criteria listed for accepting new students will apply to the acceptance of transfer students.
- The Director of Counseling will make a final decision relative to credits acceptable for transfer.