The Admission process for Saint Joseph High School is guided by the school's mission statement: "Saint Joseph High School is a Catholic secondary school dedicated to transforming students in heart and mind, preparing them to serve God, the Church, and the world."
Saint Joseph High School, a four-year/eight-semester, college prep school is open to all qualified high school students, regardless of sex, race, religion, creed, color, or national origin. Deadline date for the application is July 1, 2018.
Saint Joseph High School welcomes students from other countries for study at our school depending on space availability. In general, the following requirements apply:
- Students must be part of a formal exchange program recognized by NASSP and the state of Indiana or living with a relative.
- A Guardianship form must be completed through the Director of Admissions Office.
- Students must connect with host families prior to the first day of school.
- Students must have a command of English if they wish to receive credit. Saint Joseph High School does not have an English-as-a-Second-Language program.
- All potential international students must complete an admission test which is also used to help determine if they are accepted to SJHS.
- Students will be given a placement test in English and mathematics to facilitate class placement.
- Students who choose to come for credit must pay full tuition and fees. They will receive normal grade reports, transcripts, etc. If eligibility requirements are met, they may participate in IHSAA athletics. They may receive a diploma if appropriate previous credits are accepted.
- International students will begin their Theology requirements with Theology 3.
- If needed, students must secure I-20 forms from the Director of Admissions several months in advance of possible acceptance.
In order to consider any international student for I-20 Immigration service forms, the following items must be received by the Director of Admissions:
- Bank statement of the family showing sufficient funds to cover all expenses at our school.
- Letter from host family that shows they are accepting responsibility for the student.
- Student's complete foreign address, including parent demographic information.
- Host family demographic information, including email address and phone number.
- A copy of birth certificate, translated into English.
- Completed SEVIS I-20 Information Sheet (available from the Director of Admissions).
Note that the processing time for the issuance of an I-20 form is normally two-three weeks. All applications for the I-20 must be completed by July 1 for the fall semester.
- Students must meet all immunization requirements as any other student before they can be admitted.
- Students must meet school attendance and disciplinary requirements as all other students and attend monthly meetings after school.
- Saint Joseph High School does not make housing arrangements for international students; however, the Director of Admissions must approve all living arrangements in advance of the student coming to the United States.
- Saint Joseph High School considers age-appropriate international students who qualify for grades 11 or 12 only.